My, how fast ten years have
gone by. A couple of months ago we unburied the time capsule that was buried at our family reunion in the year 2000. Ten years later we tried to save what was salvageable and dry out what was inside the stinky, wet box. Not everyone was able to be here on this tenth year reunion event but those of us that came had a wonderful time.
The day was filled with lots of good food, lots of children and lots of conversation.

The husking of corn!!!
All the girly, girls!!

In the evening, around the campfire, we handed out the letters that were written ten years ago. We talked about grandpa's journal and Aunt Jan agreed to transcribe it and get everyone a copy.

"AND..... this was grandpa's journal that was saved from the swampy time capsule."

Anders reading a letter from his mom and dad written ten years ago.

Grace and Garrett reading their letter from their dad.

Now is this trouble or what? Except the one on the right.... she is just precious!

Ken, Neil, Bret, Bart, Steve

Organized chaos with some fun stretchy fabric


In the evening, around the campfire, we handed out the letters that were written ten years ago. We talked about grandpa's journal and Aunt Jan agreed to transcribe it and get everyone a copy.

"AND..... this was grandpa's journal that was saved from the swampy time capsule."

Anders reading a letter from his mom and dad written ten years ago.

Grace and Garrett reading their letter from their dad.

Now is this trouble or what? Except the one on the right.... she is just precious!

Ken, Neil, Bret, Bart, Steve

Organized chaos with some fun stretchy fabric

We are so grateful to everyone that came and enjoyed a memorable time together. I was busy fixing food and didn't get a picture of Thayne and Karen while they were here and I am sorry Mikan and Zach, your family picture got lost in outer space....I guess. I couldn't find it.
What wonderful memories we create by being together!!!














So cute! Don't worry mom, I don't think Zach and I ever got a chance to sit down a take a picture at the reunion...Next Time!
ReplyDelete