Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CHRISTMAS and SLEDDING


Christmas morning we woke to a beautiful, cold and
sunny day.


This was my present from my husband. There are real
foxes on our property that we see very seldom so he thought
it would be nice to have this picture, painted by Dave Wade,
for us to look at every day.


Jett loved his helicopter

Katie got a look alike doll.

Ben tried to figure out his new Mac Queen tent......


After opening presents and eating a yummy casserole that
I only make on Christmas morning we decided it was time
to get outside for some snow fun. Some went downhill under
their own power and some.....

got a little help.....


This is Katie


The day after Christmas the rest of the crew arrived.
That four hour drive can be grueling but these guys
don't look any worse for the wear.

Grandma will venture outside if she can keep warm.
I try to walk every day but if it gets too cold that
just doesn't happen.
Little boys are such tough nuts.
They have fun no matter what.
And then there is the two year
old montra......"I can do it myself!"

All of us that take pictures have come to the conclusion
that you get one gem for every fifty pictures you take.
The one above was our sledding gem. Can't you just
hear and feel the fun these two are having?
The teenage cousins were so nice and helpful
to all the little kids. Can't you see the admiration
in Jett's eyes?
The girls weren't the least bit afraid to try the hill.

And it never hurts to have a little help from dads.


Tait the brave !!

I know this was Garrett and Anders but don't ask me
which was which. I just think they look a little Alien!!!

Neeless to say everyone had a fun time!!
I tried to takedown some hot chocolate so they would want
to stay out longer. I mean, weren't some of your fondest
memories as a kid of being outside in the snow?

This is a repeat and because I don't know how
to do much with this blog I didn't know how to
erase this picture...but aren't they cute anyway?
Ben, Hans, Jett.

These little guys have to be pulled around because they
are so bundled up they can barely move.!!
Little Lila is just going to snuggle up and take
a nap and forget all about what is going on outside

All this Chirstmas fun will take it out
of the best of them!!
We sure had alot of fun with our family this year. I have to admit it is alot of work but the pleasures and the joys of family will always outweigh the negative. My only wish is that I could just wiggle my nose and the meal would be steaming hot on the table and then we could all just snap our fingers and the dishes would be done.....but then again it is the process that binds us all together from hauling firewood to unloading the dishwasher.
Merry Christmas to you all and a Blessed and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want your breakfast casserole recipe! It looks like you guys stayed very busy and made so many memories.

    I think that my mom would agree with you on being able to magically have food on the table and the dished done in a wink. I think you both had crowds to feed over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete